Saturday, February 6, 2010

Random Thoughts

We went to go see Avatar on Tuesday night. We were pretty impressed. I definitely want to buy it when it comes out on DVD. I was definitely enthralled with the loveliness of the graphics. And the Na'vi people were pretty intriguing as well!

I have been having the hardest time concentrating at home to force myself to focus on my schoolwork. It's not even the distractions of Facebook or the internet. Just being in my house is a distraction, since there are tons of other things I could be doing besides schoolwork.

To combat this problem, I have decided that Monday morning/afternoon, I will go to the college and work in the commons and the computer lab and see how much more productive that makes me!

I've been saving up for a netbook for the past 7 or 8 months and I technically am close to being able to get one at this point. We'll see how Monday goes and I may decide to make the plunge to buy it after that. I would love to be more productive while there, which would be fantastic if I was on my own computer.

C and I are watching Inuyashas again. It's a Japanese anime cartoon. We watched them before we were married and watched over 140 of them before the story stalled and we just stopped one day. Since finishing Voyager last year, we have not had anything else to watch. BIL1 was supposed to lend us some shows, but it did not work out. So now we are watching the last 20 or so more of the Inuyashas to finish the series. It's strange watching a childish show again!

I also am wanting to get a macro lens for my camera. However, I can't get both that and the netbook at the same time! I have a lot of wants and not much of a budget for my desires...Or rather my budget can't keep up!

This semester of school has me way over my head already. It's pretty challenging in a couple of my classes, and one of them is pure, obnoxious busywork (and TONS of it) Time will tell how I do...

We took BIL3 and his wife out for pizza last Saturday night. We had a good time of catching up. :) And I'd been craving that pizza like crazy, so that was good!

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment