Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lupine Hunting

The general consensus seems to be of late that this summer's flowers have been less than stellar, unfortunately. I have been comparing the lupine that has appeared to last summer's, and this year's has not been as good. It has been a rather dry summer so far, but with clouds, no sunshine, so I assume that has something to do with it.
A friend from high school let me know that she knew where some lupine was in bloom and offered to go with me in search. So, off we went. It was a fun afternoon with someone I had never actually hung out with before, but it was fun! The lupine was unfortunately not very good at the location, but it was better than I have seen so far this summer!
We stopped at the museum for some more flowers that we could tell were actually in bloom and had some fun on the train!

I really hope the fireweed blooms a lot this summer! Above location had lots of plants already growing, so I am hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment