Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Camera!

Ta Da! I am the proud new owner of a DSLR! C was not too enthused to take photos of me, so it's not the greatest..but it will work :)

There was a bit of a problem with the Paypal account of the seller, so I fully expected to have to wait a week or two to hear of a shipment. I was rather bummed, but what can you do? I was happy to discover the seller shipped it Wednesday.

Yesterday morning, I discovered, much to my delight, that the camera was on its way to me and was in the state! I anxiously awaited the time for the mail to come. It turns out that the mail didn't come until after 3pm yesterday! I ended up checking the mail 3 times (yes, a bit obsessive :) ) but it was not there.

This morning, I did not have time to check the tracking before I had to go to work. 5pm could not come fast enough. I got to the mail box...and there was nothing there. I was so disappointed. Then I realized that maybe C had checked the mailbox [He never does, but I have been making quite the fuss, and I didn't want the camera to sit in the cold]. I raced home...and he had checked the mail, and gotten a few letters...but no camera.

Oh boy, I was unhappy. I did not want to wait for Monday!! I hadn't been home 10 minutes when we heard a loud pounding on our door. I knew it was our neighbor, and he came bearing a great gift!!

He manages to get a lot of our mail. Our apartment building is not labeled at all, so our neighbor gets all of our deliveries. Good thing he is good natured about it :)

I tore open the box, read the manual while the battery charged, and have made C my unwilling model all evening. So exciting!!

I am very happy with it. Obviously, I have not had an opportunity to really play with it, as there is little to shoot in my apartment. Monday morning, I expect I will be out of the house as soon as I can be to take photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment