Sunday, March 15, 2009

Freshman and Sophomore Reminisce

Most of the time, when I think about high school, I wish I could never think about it again. Junior year was ok, but senior year was awful. But my freshman and sophomore years were a lot better. Sometimes, actually, all the time, I wish that I could relive bits and pieces of those two years. I knew C then, but I was not really acquainted with him at all. He was slightly attracted to me from the beginning, but didn't give me much thought, while I hardly knew he was there.
I wish that I could go back and get to know him better. To become friends with him two years earlier. Freshman year, when both girls and guys basketball teams were gone, it was just us and another girl in Spanish class...and we often times played Scrabble in Spanish. Those weren't fun times for me...but I wish I knew C better then and it would have been more fun. It was more just awkward.
And then we started to get to know each other slightly before the end of sophomore year. And all through the summer. Those photos show us so, so young. But here we are and it all worked together nicely.

Anyone else have any wishes to go back in the past for something similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment