Saturday, August 25, 2012

Back Online and Indefinite Hiatus

I want to apologize again for the upheaval on my website and blog...it's taken me nearly a month to get the website back online. Google was incredibly unhelpful, and I finally got my hosting service to cooperate with me, but I think it is back to the way it should be.

Unfortunately, I am back to Blogger. Less headache, but also less professional. I ended up taking drastic measures...and it looks like all of the photos on this blog are gone. :( I have not decided quite yet what to do on that front. It will be a ton of work to go back and add in the thousands of images back into the posts where they belong. And, at this point, I'm not sure that I care (gasp!) due to being so sick of dealing with the drama.

I changed my homepage around drastically, and for the current time, my site will only be a hub to other locations around the web - Facebook, twitter, etc. I did a lot of thinking while the site was down, and basically came to the conclusion that blogging is really important to the growth of a business, but I don't have the energy or time to devote to it, and I don't see that changing in the future. I have enjoyed blogging, but I am not good at it. I've come to the realization in the past year or so that I am not a writer. I often (several times a day) think, "Oh, I want to blog about that!" and then it never happens right then, and so when it does, I am much more brief that what I envisioned. I've discovered that Twitter is a better outlet for my random thoughts, and it encourages the brevity that I seem to fall back to when I start writing.

What is this all saying? Well...don't delete the blog from your feed readers or your links, but I am going to take an indefinite hiatus at this time. I plan to invest more time in social networking than I have been. My summer schedule is slowing down and easing back into my fall/winter one where I have a bit more time. I might blog from time to time, but at this time, I am removing the pressure on my shoulders to have a post going up consistently. I feel like the quality was rarely where I wanted it to be, and I would rather invest my energy in other media at this time.

I will continue to take photos!!! I will just be sharing them on other places around the web, links on the sidebar to the right!

Thanks for your understanding and support!

1 comment:

  1. The tips you gave were awesome. Many points really helped me. Thanks....
    Inkjet Cartridge

    ReplyDelete