Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MIL's Call

I have some great in laws. I know that I am really blessed to enjoy them like I do. I've gotten along with them pretty much from the beginning of C and I's relationship, and I have grown to be fairly close to my mother in law. Sometimes we talk over instant messenger to relay information back and forth. MIL has been on business trips lately and it's been over a month since I have seen her. She called today.

I talk to my own mother several times a week sometimes, and the conversations usually last a long time. It doesn't surprise me at all when she calls just to talk. But my mother in law doesn't do things like that.

The phone rang, and seeing who it was on Caller ID, I handed the phone to C. He promptly handed it back to me and MIL started chatting.

"I don't have anything to talk to you about! I just realized I haven't talked to you in a really long time! Like I said, I don't have anything to talk about, just wanted to say that I miss you and you should come see me soon!"

I wasn't expecting it at all, but it was very sweet. It's always nice to know that my "new" family is affectionate towards me :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you have a good relationship with your in-laws. That's how my DIL and I feel about each other. I love her to pieces and think she's just perfect for my son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so happy. Good ol' family love is the best!

    ReplyDelete