Sunday, February 15, 2009

Culture of Honor

Church was interesting this morning. The speaker talked about a "Culture of Honor". He had been convicted many times about passing on email forwards about racism or derogatory jokes, or even about Obama. God would often ask him, "Is this honoring to that individual or that group of people?" He just made a great point about showing others honor and not being prideful, judgmental, or even sarcastic. It was pretty convicting for me too.

I don't send hardly any forwards any more. But I do participate in several forums, and it is easy to become judgmental on there when someone says something less than intelligent. And my temper has been flaring quite a bit at it as well. It's obviously something I need to work on.

I figured I'd share this in case it helps someone else too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment