Monday, February 2, 2009

Babies EVERYWHERE!

New faces at our small group tonight, for a total of 6 couples...and it turns out that all are pregnant except for me and Tracy. Wow. The only real shocker was one of them, but still. The other day at that shower I went to, I had the first real pangs of missing out on something. No, I am not going to change my mind about not wanting kids right now. But it really got me to thinking about it, and how we are like the only couple I know right now not having a baby, with a couple exceptions. Now the benefits of our path right now definitely outweigh having a baby, but it still makes me feel like the odd one out. I can't imagine the pain it would bring if we were trying to have a baby and couldn't. I'm much happier being on this side of the issue right now. I'm enjoying the place we are in now, and I do enjoy learning all there is to know from the other moms and moms to be. And I am glad that our "new" couples group is not a parenting group. Yay!

But seriously, every week for the past like 2 or 3 months, I hear about someone else I know that is pregnant. It is crazy! And nearly all of them are coming from my church. Guess it's been a long winter already! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment