Monday, April 26, 2010

Beach Waterfall

Friday was an incredible day. Two friends and I went on a two hour long beach walk, where I finally got my first dose of "vitamin D" of the year! (Meaning, I had a pink face afterwards!) As we walked along, I discovered along the cliffs of the beach are tons of "waterfalls" this time of year.

Unfortunately, I was definitely not prepared! It was about 2pm when this was taken, in the very bright sunshine. I did not have my tripod, so I had to handhold it. And lastly, I did not have any filters (neutral density, mainly) with me. I dialed the aperture as small as it would go (f/32) and prayed that 1/20 of a second would not be too blurry handheld. It's not perfect, but the water has a tad amount of that creamy smooth texture sought after.

I plan to go back soon with the proper equipment on a cloudy day!

Date: 4/23/10
Aperture: f/32
Shutter: 1/20 sec
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 70mm
Tripod? Handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment