Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hawaii: Zoo - Birds and Reptiles

We went to the Honolulu Zoo. It was a really fabulous zoo, with a great African section. I narrowed my photos down to 11 I really loved from the zoo. This post will be devoted to the birds and the reptiles.

There were quite a few peacocks there, and several were roaming around free, out of a confined space. This one let us get quite close to it, much to my glee.

I'm not sure of a name of this one. It was flying around lose in the flamingo exhibit!

And this one. All I know about it was that it was in the African aviary house. I should have taken a photo of its name to remember it. Googling for it has not helped me with a name. EDIT: I found out that this is a Vulturine Guineafowl. Totally more clear!

Big tortoise.

The komodo dragon was pretty interesting to watch. He was fed while we stood there, which was cool.

Round 2 of the zoo photos coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment