Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Adventures from the Past: 2000

2000 dawned with the Y2K drama that we all don't want to admit to freaking out over. I was 12 that year and in the 6th and 7th grade. 6th grade was an amazing time for me. I won a 5 pound bar of Hershey's chocolate in a school event. Went across the Bay for an overnight school trip. Made earthquake houses, bridges, ice cream, cookies and incubated chickens in school. 7th grade was much more of a growing up time. My best friend at the time transferred to another school. The start of junior high was a bit rough, but I was in the same school with all my classmates. Had some trials with friends that year that I prefer not to think about anymore. But all in all, 2000 was a wonderful year.

Oh, and I cut off my long hair! It was also the first year that I spent time at the river less than a mile from my home. For several summers, my friends and I spent a lot of time there.

Eva passed away that year, much to my sadness. But then I got two new kitties from my friend Lin. Ebony and Luv came into my life that fall. Luv is still around, but Ebony passed away in 2003.

This was the year Dad built the lean to garage on the side of the house. The year my aunt and uncle came to visit. I also got a new bike! Well...new to me anyway :)



No comments:

Post a Comment