Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Moose!

Warning in advance: Lots of photos!Last night, I happened to glance out the window and saw this little one's mama walking down the street! I raced outside with the camera, of course, and waited for the calf. Sure enough, he popped up!
Mom and baby then walked through my neighbor's yard into ours. I am continually grateful to how large our yard is!
They grazed for a long time. I, meanwhile, went back inside and shot through the window.




Aww, moose kisses =P
I thought this one was super funny. They both have their mouths open at the same time.
He's hiding. It was really interesting, because they both knew I was watching. Every so often, one of them would look up and stare at me for a while.
By about 11pm, I didn't see the baby again, but the mom started wandering to graze on her own.
So there you have it! I am hoping that they stick around, so I can get some more photos of them! I think I saw the mom this evening again, so we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great! How exciting to live in Alaska and be a photographer! I'd love to travel there someday, :-)

    ReplyDelete