Monday, October 25, 2010

Northern Lights

The rumor was out in September that the northern lights were out. The next night, I picked up a friend and we took off to where she had seen them the night before. We thought we were seeing them, but weren't sure. I set up the tripod and camera and started a long exposure. Wow! There it was!

This one was several shots in. I definitely can appreciate those folks who have the aurora shooting down. It's hard work getting the right things in focus in the pitch darkness!

I'm not sure I will be out shooting the lights again any time soon. It was warm in September, and now it is cold! Plus, I had to drive about 15 minutes or so after 11pm to shoot these, and I don't want to be in the dark by myself. I definitely enjoyed it, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment